Spicy Slow Cooker Cajun Fettuccine
December 5, 2018, BY Brittany
It's officially slow cooker season!
Put your slow cooker to work and try this zesty and flavourful Slow Cooker Cajun Fettuccine. This spicy recipe will sure add some heat to your dinner.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried leaf oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion, diced
Add at the end
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Add the chicken broth to the slow cooker, add the cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Add the chicken breasts and flip them around in the seasoned chicken broth to get the seasonings on the chicken.Sprinkle the onions over the chicken and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is done, add the heavy cream and shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and a ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese. I added a touch more paprika and also parsley flakes to the top of my pasta to make it look pretty.
- Cover and cook for 20 more minutes. Cooking for a bit longer helps the sauce thicken from the gluten in the pasta.
Serve and enjoy!
Originally posted on Freebies.com
Want more simple and savory recipes?